Strengthen the support system of your body i.e., legs, with these leg workouts.
Your legs are an integral part of your body, and it is critical to take care of them since they bear a whole load of your body. Leg workouts are just as important as any other type of training for your body. So, whether you do leg workouts at home or leg workouts at the gym, these leg routines will come in handy.
Hasti Singh, an acclaimed fitness trainer, and sports nutritionist is here to help you with everything you want to know about leg workouts.
He says that the simple you keep the movements, the more it would be better. As to start with, squats, deadlifts, and lunges should be a part of the majority of the leg workouts program, as the main aim of the movements involved in these exercises is to anchor the particular muscle group that binds the leg, i.e., the glutes, calves, hamstrings, and quads. One can add as many variations as one wants to if these movements are mastered, he adds.
How Much Time should One Spend on Leg Workouts?
The time you invest in doing a certain exercise would help you in building your muscle strength. Usually, it is recommended to do 3 sets of 12 repeats for each leg workout. Also, don’t just jump on the exercise directly, do a warm-up instead to energize your nerves and muscles. Start with some light cardio, followed by a gentle stretching custom.
While there are many workouts’ options for both men and women, here are a few leg workouts specified for men and women particularly, to help you give the best results.
Leg Workouts for Women
The amount of work you do while standing needs a lot of care for your legs. Ladies, choose these simple yet effective leg workouts for yourself and start doing it today.
- Glute Bridge: This movement helps in providing strength to the muscles at the back of your thighs that connects hip and knee movement.
- Rolling the Foam: This is a very simple and cost-effective leg workout that will help in tightening your muscle by increasing the blood flow and letting loose of the connective tissue.
- Raising the Calf: It’s a good exercise if you want to work on your ankle ability. Just try to keep hold of the movement for 1-2 seconds so that the calf muscles feel the pressure and become tight.
Leg Workouts for Men
Dear men, these are a few workouts that you should start doing if your legs are your next target.
- Squat Jump: Initially, you could feel a bit of pain when you start, but that is an indication that your muscles are working. Try doing it and aim as high as your body allow.
- Side Lunges: Perform this workout anytime and anywhere to strengthen your leg muscles and give them a build. Remember to keep your foot flat and your back straight while performing this exercise.
- Hip Raise: You don’t have to spare time to do this exercise as it could be performed while you are on your bed. Squeeze your glutes while pushing your hips up. Return after a brief pause. Complete one side for 30 seconds, then repeat for the other. Try not to arch your back.
It’s high time we should start working on our legs and strengthening them by doing leg workouts. This only part of our body holds all the burden and therefore needs a lot of care. The above-mentioned exercises can be performed anywhere and at any point in time. For more detailed information call Hasti Transformations or visit our website.